Thursday 10 May 2012

gi joe

Four Chinook aircraft from the US Army landed at the Saint John Airport on Monday, May 7, 2012, along with four Blackhawk helicopters, to go through customs before making their way to CFB Gagetown for training.  Photo: Kâté Braydon/Telegraph-Journal

Well, I'm back from the AJA's with a Silver Award, which is a nice way to say that I didn't win, but it's cool. I had a great time, and at the risk of sounding like a cliché, it really is an honour just to be nominated. So, ya.

This week, I got to hang out on the roof of the Saint John Airport for a few hours and shoot these enormous Chinook helicopters that came in from the States. THEY WERE SO LOUD. This assignment did not excite me in the least at first, but then, when I saw them coming up over the horizon, I actually got really excited. They're really amazing machines, and to see and hear four of them flying over our heads was kind of freaky! Just not something you get to see everyday, I guess.




Four Blackhawk helicopters landed as well. They weren't as cool.

Outtakes:


CBC and CTV getting some shots from the roof.


Really glad it was a gorgeous day.


I'm a dork.

But thanks for reading! I hope you keep coming back for more. I'm having a lot of fun with this blog. This 'Outtakes' thing is something new I might try. I talk a bit about 'behind the scenes', so I thought I could show you some of it as well, once in a while. So what do you think so far? Is there anything else you'd like to see? Lemme know!

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Love the behind the scenes! Great idea. More shots of you on the job and in sweet safety outfits please. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. just to point out again...you wuz robbed!!!
    :)

    i've always found people love the behind the scenes stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's something I would want to see. For example, my fave part in those Planet Earth docs are the Diaries at the end when they show the footage of how they got their shots.

      Delete